Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

£10 super quiet mister setup

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Jonny Norris, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Jonny Norris

Jonny Norris Well-Known
    Builder

Hey, Here's a video of £8's worth of the £10 mister I'm building.

All the bits are from the dump, so far it's simply two freezer compressors, a 2 into one splitter, have no idea what the one I'm using actually is some pipe a wire and a plug.

It's very quiet, just sounds like air and two freezers really, unfortunately doesn't come across as you can hear fans of my machine and extractors running, but it's very quiet.

I know these things usually pump refrigeration fluid so are self lubricated, but had them running just air for a week now and they seem fine. If the die it's not like I'm loosing a lot, but beats a noisy compressor. :)

Will update as and when I get the £2 worth of misting parts fitted.

2. Jonny Norris

Jonny Norris Well-Known
    Builder

Yeah, its not massively powerful b st you can blow away chips with just one and with two its ideal.

these will go upto and over 400psi, something to bear in mind if you build one, I used rubber pipe that will pop if over pressurised, could be pretty dangerous in copper.

they lack in volume, unfortunately.

As these things we're so cheap now scrap metal prices have dropped, I actually picked up 8 of these things and got my hands on a 600ltr compressor tank complete with 100 psi pressure valve switch for free :) so going to hook them all up. That should solve the volume problem hopefully :)

#2 Jonny Norris, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015