Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

120 degree brackets (for Delta printers)

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by MadCat&Co, May 29, 2014.

1. MadCat&Co

MadCat&Co New
    Builder

I am very excited about openbuilds and very frustrated that stock is low for most parts at the moment!!

I noticed, buried one of the blog entries there are 120 degree corner brackets that could be used for delta 3d printers. This is huge! I have been designing around the fact that I can't find anything other than 90 or 45 degree brackets (I don't have a 3d printer, so cannot make something like this).

When will these be available?

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hello @MadCat&Co
    We apologize for the the low stock levels as we were in the process of moving our operation. We have since settled in and have been adding part stock daily. :thumbsup:
    We designed the 120 along with the 45 and 90s but decided that there just was not enough of a demand for the 120s at the moment. We may do these at some point but in the meantime I made up the stl file so that if you can find a 3D print service you could get a few made up by sending the file.
    Hope this helps

Attached Files:

3. bobt

bobt Well-Known
    Builder

Mark - I just brought the 120 degree part up in slicer 3 and there are problems with the part. I used the view button to look at the part in 3d and the screw holes are not clear. It appears that part of the top of the holes has dropped down. I don't know how to fix it.

Bob

4. MadCat&Co

MadCat&Co New
    Builder

Thanks for the update Mark. Hopefully I (and others) will be able to purchase parts in the near future. No problem regarding the 120 degree part, I understand if the demand is not there. Once I get my printer up and running, it seems like a pretty easy part to design for printer #2! :)

5. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

@bobt you can try an run it though netfabb, (well Microsoft now) STL repair tool here https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/
    I have also included the SU 3D model should you need to edit it.

@MadCat&Co Thanks for being understanding about this part.
    There you go :thumbsup:

Attached Files: