Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

2D Shape Cutting

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Al DePoalo, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Al DePoalo

Builder

I work for BobCAD CAM the software company and wanted to share some information about our Express software. The following 3 videos go through the work flow of drawing a part, setting up your CAM Tree, creating tool paths, and making copies of your tool paths.

No matter what CAD / CAD CAM system you use to create your designs these videos will help you understand some key concepts about CAD CAM .

You may create a cnc router, or a plasma cutter, or maybe even a gluing machine, and the work flow would be the same. The only thing that would be different would be your tooling information and maybe how deep your are cutting. I am sharing this information because I think it will help any new CAD CAM users understand some basic concepts and see a project from start to finish.

2. Al DePoalo

Builder

BobCAD CAM V26 Express

V26 Express has an easy to use and understand CAD interface that will allow you to design your parts from beginning to end quickly. Whether you import the CAD file or draw it in BobCAD, you have the ability to create part prints, tool path and G code.

CAD features to create this part:

• Rectangle
    • Arc 3 entities
    • Quick Trim
    • Arc Snap
    • Line Parallel
    • Trim Strings
    • Chamfer
    • Fillet

Watch this video to learn more:

3. Al DePoalo

Builder

In this video you'll lean about the CAM feature to program this part.

• New Job Type
    • Stock Wizard
    • Tool Crib
    • Mill 2 Axis
    • Copy Past

4. Al DePoalo

Builder

In this video I show how to make copies of your programmed part. Using our tool path pattern you can create an array, making it easy to create the number of copies that will fit on your sheet.

5. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder