Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Add a Request for Quote (RFQ) section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dddman, Oct 31, 2016.

1. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

It would be great to be able to have plates cut by members here to build the CNC we need to cut plates :)

MaryD likes this.
  2. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

I hear you, good suggestions. If you are willing to TRADE rather than pay, perhaps a post in the FREEStore Forum would be in order.

On the Google+ OpenBuilds OX group, there is a movement called "Cut It Forward". One guy cuts the plates for another with the understanding that the recipient will cut plates for someone else. I don't think they charge for this service.

3. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

Zombie thread :)

This is something that I would like to see. Trading for parts/work is one thing, but if you don't have anything of value to trade, then what? I think the forum section only needs to be the vehicle to allow other members to get in contact with each other. Payment can be discussed offline if you are worried about such things. Just be sure to post a disclosure that OB is not responsible blah blah blah...