Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Add dimensioned drawings to part store

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Taz_Tom, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Taz_Tom

Taz_Tom New
    Builder

I'm new to the forum and the site, so maybe I missed this, but it would be awesome to have a detailed dimensioned drawing for the parts on the part store. That way I can tell what hole spacing and hole sizes are.

I have found the downloads of the step files, but some times a nice clean cut sheet showing the dimensions of a part goes a long way to quickly double check dimensions.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

There's a set of pdf files hidden within the Solidworks 2014 Parts Library download. Why they are hidden there rather than given top row billing I really don't understand.

3. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Necropost. :D Came here to ask this very thing. A top-level collection of simple PDFs for quick one-off jobs that would be slowed down by using CAD would definitely be nice. The drawings used to be in the Store product page galleries, which was ideal- no need to download an entire library to check the mating of two parts!

4. Jonathon Duerig

Jonathon Duerig Journeyman
    Builder

I've frequently wanted this same thing. The nice thing about drawings is that they could give tolerances as well (where appropriate). It might also be handy as well to call out which holes are threaded vs. unthreaded at a moments notice.

GrayUK likes this.