Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

Anti-Backlash Nut Block (STEP) v0.1

Anti-Backlash Nut Block / STP

1. ymilord

ymilord Master
    Staff Member Resident Builder Builder

ymilord submitted a new resource:

Anti-Backlash Nut Block (STEP) - Anti-Backlash Nut Block / STP

Read more about this resource...

2. Khaled El Nazer

Builder

I bought 3 8mm anti backlash nuts from this store for 3 8mm acme 2mm pitch 8mm lead screws I had from somewhere else. For some reason The lead screws do not fit into the anti back slash nuts. I tried knocking them down a bit with sand paper to no satisfaction. Here is the link to the Lead screws I bought Stainless Lead Screw with Nut ( 8mm x 1000mm)
    Please note I am new to this.
    Any help would be appreciated

3. Brandoneous

Brandoneous Journeyman
    Builder

Noob question I'm sure, but I've built a 1000 mm lead screw linear actuator bundle and the lead screw likes to bow a lot and shimmy as I push the trolley back and forth. Not hooked up to anything. Should I assume that my lead screw is too loose? any advice from those who have reached this place before me?

I have the backlash nut in there and follow the instructions from the video, but what am I missing?