Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

Australia distribution centre - question

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by rtfm, Sep 2, 2014.

1. rtfm

rtfm New
    Builder

Hi,
    I am in Brisbane, Australia. I understand that you have a distribution centre in Perth. However, when I used your shopping cart to estimate my freight charges, it seemed to be basing the freight on International UPS charges. How can this be correct. If the items are already in Perth,surely the freight charges are internal to Australia?

Confused.

Duncan

2. blahh

blahh Well-Known
    Builder

3. GrayUK

GrayUK Master
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hi rtfm. (What does that stand for?)

Anyway, I can see where you are confused. The Parts Store, which you can see at the top of the page, is just to do with OPENBUILD. It's the store related to this site only. Hence, when you add stuff to their trolley, you are asking to buy from the States. However, if you go to their Department and look at the international list, you will find the list of Independent Suppliers who have offered to be suppliers in their relevant countries.

Cheers
    Gray

4. Slewratesarego

Slewratesarego Journeyman
    Builder

What's the deal with the Australian distributors? Haven't been having much luck. Over half of what I need is out of stock..... Looking at a $650+ order and not getting much love. Emailed and called openlabs to no real avail. Grrrr.:banghead:

5. blahh

blahh Well-Known
    Builder

Send me an email with your contact info and I will get in touch.

sales at makerstore.com.au