Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Beautiful documentary about The Ox - not the OB one though.

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Balu, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Balu

Balu Well-Known
    Builder

This short documentary is really beautiful and even if it is not directly Openbuilds related, I thought I'd share it.

sgspenceley, pmany and Knut Bøje like this.
  2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Thank You. I enjoyed it. :thumbsup:
    It is thought provoking in many ways.

Gray

3. Serge E.

Serge E. Journeyman
    Builder

Inspiring !

4. munchit1

munchit1 New
    Builder

doesnt matter what tecno, what science, at one end some one made it from scratch, that thing then made the next and so on.. untill a machine made it for us.

the bit where he discribes the info in at one end and a guy chucking out the old is so true... its almost as if some one is trying to get rid of the old hand me down skills and know hows, only to re invent the wheel later.
    (you cant replace a hand me down skill, father to son for many many generasions, its in the blood as they say,thing have long lost a word and are just 'dun that way', it isnt a buy'able comodady, its an intuision, and its gone when that line ends).

these 3d printers were about when i was at school.. i'm 47, and left school at 16...only diference being you can actualy afford arduino now, and theres a butt load more software about lol. (all screw threaded bars..)