Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Black Panther QR

Discussion in '3D printers' started by shauki, Feb 19, 2015.

1. shauki

shauki New
    Builder

2. Paruk

Paruk Journeyman
    Builder

Hey Shauki, good to see you here! Was following your builds for a while on google and found your experiments (if one could call them experiments!;)) quite interesting. Looking forward to see more of this one here.

3. shauki

shauki New
    Builder

Thanks! For me it was incremental rotated upgrade of my machines as refactoring in programming :)

4. DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist Well-Known
    Builder

I could not open any of your Solidworks files using Solidworks 2014 as they gave a general error telling me to contact technical support but I have no problems opening other ones from GrabCAD or Thingiverse.

5. shauki

shauki New
    Builder

Can you search for PantherQR on cad.onshape.com ?

6. DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist Well-Known
    Builder

I am not sure what that is and I do not have an account.

7. shauki

shauki New
    Builder

I have only SW2015. the onshape.com allows free accounts and very familiar for SW skilled person

8. DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist Well-Known
    Builder

I figured that was it and my company has 2015 service pack 1 or 2 (forget now) but they always wait for almost a year to install major revisions (bitten too many times). I will come back to this when they install it.

You know Solidworks really pisses me off about this because every other piece of software we use, or I have for personal usage, has a save in backwards compatible mode. The Solidworks designers are just money grubbers and I will say 2015 is the last version a lot of companies will install due to them forcing companies to upgrade Windows, more like a severe downgrade, to be able to install them. That will end up biting them in the *** if they aren't careful with the way Microsoft has been abandoning the desktop/laptop market with 8/8.1 and only with 10 have they included the third party enhancements from Windows 8.x to make it better for the desktop crowd. My hope is Microsoft comes back around and their phone, like their mp3 player Zune, fails miserably.

9. Ariel Yahni

Ariel Yahni OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Shauki, do you have more details about this build? i would love to build one

10. shauki

shauki New
    Builder