Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BobCAD CAM

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Al DePoalo, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Al DePoalo

Builder

There are lots of CAD CAM systems that are out there.... I've created over 100 videos on using BobCAD that I think this group might like....

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Thank you for sharing this!

3. Al DePoalo

Builder

In this video I show you how the new line at angle work when you need a tangent intersection. There are many times when re drawing a part from print, the print doesn't give you all the information needed to create the drawing. Like when you have a tangle line to an arc with an unknown end point. This new feature allows you to draw an angle line tangent to an Arc!

4. Al DePoalo

Builder

As a BobCAD users I am sure you have come to appreciate the CAM tree and how it makes quick work of storing and changing your part programming. Now that we have a CAD History Tree in V27 we offer the same flexibility for your designs. You can create solids and make changes quickly and easily. Watch this video to learn more about our new CAD features!

5. Al DePoalo

Builder

When working with wire frame drawings you may need to trim shapes into or out of each other. Because of this we have added 2D Booleans that use the same work flow as 3D Solid Booleans. The only different in the work flow is you have to rt click ok ( or space bar) after you select the first group of shapes. Again other useful tool for making quick work of creating wire frame profiles.

6. Al DePoalo

Builder

In this video I walk through a sample 3D part. I use a sweep surface based on wire frame, and planar surface based on surface edges. Working with surface edges for design in a new feature in the V27. Once we model the part I lay down a roughing and Z level finish tool path. In the V27 Mill Pro we've added a Zig Zag option allowing the tool to cut back and forth following a profile, almost like a flow line. Once simulated, we go back to the model make some changes and update the tool path. Take a look!

7. Al DePoalo

Builder

In the BobCAD CAM V27 we've added many new tools for our Mill Professional users. Most of which are aimed to reduce geometry creation to limit tool path. Angle ranges, linking updates, leadin -out updates operational stock are just some of the new features. What this video to learn more.