Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Build CNC with PiBot Electronics kits

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by abcpibot, Mar 24, 2015.

1. abcpibot

abcpibot New
    Builder

abcpibot published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Jonny Norris

Jonny Norris Well-Known
    Builder

Okay for nema 17's, Pibot drivers no good for nema 23's unfortuntely. Have had a set of these and lost steps randomly only with the 23's, fine for smaller stuff.

3. abcpibot

abcpibot New
    Builder

Hi,Jonny Norris,thank you for your feed back, what is the motor model you use? how about the current? you need to adjust the currect for the motor :) sorry for the trouble

4. Jonny Norris

Jonny Norris Well-Known
    Builder

• No problem bud, 2.5nm which require 3a unipolar 4.6a parrallel. They might be ok with the 1.7nm version. Problem with the non mosfetdrv drivers is they are all rated on max current ie Pibot state 4.5a what they actually output is more like 1.6a per channel. Had mine wound right up.

#4 Jonny Norris, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  5. Jonny Norris

Jonny Norris Well-Known
    Builder

6. abcpibot

abcpibot New
    Builder

Do you really have used the Driver Rev2.2 from PiBot Designed?

What do you mean "Have had a set of these and lost steps randomly only with the 23's, fine for smaller stuff."?

Do you mean you have set of "PiBot driver Rev2.2" or you just mean you have "some driver such as tb6560 tb6600 from ebay."

I don't have the tb6600 or tb6560 from ebay, so I don't know what their performce.

Since Rev1.6(opensource) we thanks for lots of people feedback, then improve our design again and again.

For desgined a drvier board, the chips choose is importan, but the PCB designed important too.

Every Each element and the layout parameters was carefully calculated by our engineer.

We are Continuous improvement through user feedback.

About the nema23, some user use this type of motors --
    http://www.bzt-cnc.de/index.php?cat...104&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=1&Itemid=104

and use the PiBot Driver Rev2.2 http://www.pibot.com/pibot-stepper-driver-rev2-2.html.

It work good,

So if you have the problem plesase send your motor parameter to us and please send me your order number.

And also thank you for your information about the design, we will check it.

Thank you.

#6 abcpibot, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  7. Jonny Norris

Jonny Norris Well-Known
    Builder

No I was using the Rev 1 version with your grbl bob. I believe you have added support for both 3 and 5v logic. Have you upgraded the current output on the Rev 2?

I couldn't give you an order number as they came as part of a kit with my ox I'm afraid.

I think Pibot need to back up thier claims that they are compatatible with nema 23's by proving that the stated max current (the correct current required to run the 2-3nm nema 23's) is repeatable without fade or thermal shut off. And also specify which nema 23's they may or may not be compatable with, as the largest nm versions are well beyond the capacity of these drivers.

8. abcpibot

abcpibot New
    Builder

#8 abcpibot, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015