Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

build help.

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by minifly3, Oct 14, 2016.

1. minifly3

minifly3 Well-Known
    Builder

sorry if this isn't the right spot. I was looking at buying the cbeam xl. but I'm a wood worker not that techy. I'm looking for recommendations on what controller/ driver I should get. I'd prefer all in one and usb controlled. thanks for all your help. can't wait to order

2. dddman

dddman Master
    Builder

Openbuilds will have its own controller soon (I hope? @MaryD ) So if you're not in a hurry you might want to wait for that beautiful beast to be born :)

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

If you're in a hurry, the tinyG controller would meet your requirements. The XPro2 is another option but not sure when the store will have them back in stock.

As a woodworker, I'm wondering why the interest in the CBeam XL though. You might be better served building an Ox or CBeam based Ox as you can fit larger pieces through them.

4. minifly3

minifly3 Well-Known
    Builder

being in Canada the xbeam large seemed the easiest to get. will look into the others

5. minifly3

minifly3 Well-Known
    Builder

if I got the cbeam xl, tinyg and a power supply I'd be good to go ? id like to build bigger but not sure on parts availability locally like drive not order.

6. JAPartridge

JAPartridge Well-Known
    Builder

This is where you make a friend on the forum from the states, have them order it, then ship it to you... avoids issues with companies not shipping to the frozen north! :D ;)