Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

by a DIY or build my 3D printer

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by pedrojpinheiro, Mar 22, 2016.

1. pedrojpinheiro

Builder

I am new to the world of 3D printers, so I have some doubts. I wanted to buy a printer (price around 300€) but the size is small for my purpose.

the best buy for me is this: Free shipping large size metal fuselage High Quality Precision DIY 3D printer kit with LCD Ultimaker2 structure-in 3D Printers from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

chose is because of the price. but the printing size I want is Heated Bed 30 * 30 cm and height 30/40 (height 40 if costs are not very different).

They think I can build with these measures for the same price?

2. Adam Filipowicz

Adam Filipowicz Journeyman
    Builder

to be honest, no you will not be able to build one yourself for the same price. these premade china kits seem really affordable. but getting spare parts will be a challenge, they will likely use some proprietary controller and software which will be tough to get support for and with the prices so low. the quality of some parts must is really bad I would assume. just my two cents.

pedrojpinheiro likes this.
  3. pedrojpinheiro

Builder

yes it is a big challenge, but I decided to design my 3D printer. I now have a problem some parts are very expensive to buy. and I'm limited because everybody print the parts they need

4. Adam Filipowicz

Adam Filipowicz Journeyman
    Builder

yes best tool to make a 3d printer is a 3d printer.

5. pedrojpinheiro

Builder

Nevertheless, building on the basis of pieces sold on this site.
    I have a printscn. I liked to have an opinion about the building. still missing some parts and adjust some measures.

render1.JPG