Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam bundle content

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Mariano79, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mariano79

Mariano79 New
    Builder

Hello, my name is Mariano and i'm planning to buy c-beam bundle machine kit as this is my first attempt in this kind of machines and i'm living in Argentina, where separate parts are not easy/cheap to get.

My question is, if I buy c-beam machine bundle including 3 Nema 23 stepper motors, costing us$ 565.- what other thing would be necessary to buy? Stepper motor drivers? Power supply? Parallel port breakoutbox? What do you recommend? I mean for receiving everything to start working as soon as i received my package.

Now, refering to software, i know you recommend Sketchup free for designing. What other software is necessary to communicate with motors? And for obtaining GCode? I plan to make PCB circuit boards, what is the best free software?. Very IMPORTANT I use Linux OS, any recommendations?

I really appreciate your help, i am completely new and excited t start working.

2. Ronald van Arkel

Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Hello Mariano,

There are too much Questions in one small post; we don't know what you already know ;).

Go with the 24vDC PSU that is sold locally or if needed you can get the one from openbuildspartstore.com. Get the Arduino One, GRBL shield (V3.0 or 3.1) and bridge the fuse from it, DRV8825 drivers (5 or 6 if one fails, they are cheap). All these parts are sold in Argentina. Also, get a small plastic NEMA case and add a 24vDC fan to blow over the drivers. You can also go directly with the xPRO that is sold by OpenBuilds as well.

When you have the mechanical part done, start asking about the software ;). Go step by step and be patient (I know it's hard :D).

-Ronald

GrayUK and Mark Carew like this.