Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Canadian Ox Plate Set - Waterjet Cutting - 10 1/4" pieces

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by bluethunder, May 3, 2015.

1. bluethunder

Builder

Hi All,
    I'm in the process of building my own version of the Ox (Calling it the Beaver as all I cut is wood). As such I've been able to talk with a local manufacturing company that specializes in waterjet cutting high tolerance parts. The accuracy is +/- 0.001" so for gantry plate needs we are in business. As these seem to be the hardest parts to find I figure I can offer these to people looking to setup their own Ox based system.

These are based on the "V-Slot OX_Build_81_DXF Plates.dxf" from kram242. I've added the Inner OX wheel plate from sgspenceley. The PDF and DXF files are what I've sent to the shop.

The entire set is made from 1/4" 6061 Aluminum. The parts include:
    - 2 x Y Gantry Plates
    - 2 x Y Brace Plates
    - 2 x X Gantry Plates
    - 4 x corner Plates (Note these are 1/4" so longer screws are needed to attach to the V-Slot track)

The water jet table these are cut on uses four nozzles and as such are able to cut in sets of four. The pricing is based on a run of four.

The cost per set is $159.34 (including GST). I'd like at add 10% to cover my time running into the industrial park to pick these up etc. Therefore I'm asking $175 + Shipping (Canada Post). These are all in Canadian pricing.

I'm located just outside of Edmonton Alberta. Shipping within Canada appears to be less than $20. Not sure about shipping outside the country but if you give me an address I can get a quote. Shipping dimensions are 8.5" x 11" 2.25" and the weight is ~2.5kg. (Love being in Canada we mix units all the time - actually it is a pain but it is what it is)

I can accept PayPal or we can arrange alternative payment (Interac e-transfer, Collect, etc).

Depending on the interest I can probably have these made up and shipped out the week of May 11th when I have some time off work.

Reply here to the forum or start a new conversation with me.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. bluethunder

Builder

I still have two sets left.

If you are in the US I have no problem shipping south. With the low Canadian dollar lately it is very economical.

Cheers.

Attached Files: