Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CO2 CoreXY

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by nate campbell, Jul 8, 2015.

1. nate campbell

Builder

While I start to accumulate the parts for my router (already have plates and most of the hardware) I'm already thinking about my next project which will almost certainly be a laser cutter. I'd like to have at least 40w of power. I'm thinking about corexy as it will cut down on the moving mass a bit and a little less in the way of parts. I know some people have used corexy for lower powered diode based machines but haven't seen one used for a CO2. Anyone out there have thoughts good or bad about this idea? I'm a good while out on starting it but thought I'd get some other opinions.

2. Dave Test

Dave Test New
    Builder

Hi Nate. I'm also looking at building a corexy CO2 laser. How did you get on with yours and do you still think it's a good option?

3. nate campbell

Builder

I haven't. Just finishing my OX. I imagine that this project will be 6 months or so out. I think the big question is tension in the belts as you'd want a larger area than most corexy 3d printers.