Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CO2 Tube life expectancy experiment

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Anthony Bolgar, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Anthony Bolgar

Anthony Bolgar Journeyman
    Builder

Anthony Bolgar published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

The complete experimental process for this test will be posted in the next few days, just ironing out a few of the details to make sure the data collection is accurate and unbiased. But if you have any suggestions about how it should be done, please feel free to post your suggestions here.

3. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

The laser power meter is on its way, thanks to Mark and the openbuilds fairshare program.

MaryD likes this.
  4. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Power meter arrived today...will begin testing shortly, found an error in my methodology, so I need to rework it a bit.

MaryD likes this.
  5. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Got all my ducks in a row now, testing begins this weekend.

3DMON likes this.
  6. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

March 17, 2017 - Compiling the first weeks data this weekend. It will be posted to : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102696041747630830114 on Monday March 20, 2017 if all goes according to plan. Just deciding on what format to use (spreadsheet, pdf etc????) Any suggestions from the community would be much appreciated. I must thank Mark and the Openbuilds team once again for all their help with this project. :)

3DMON likes this.
  7. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Update: Methodology
    I decided to test the repeatability of the power meter. I ran 100 power tests on the same tube, allowing the tube to cool between each test to 20 deg celcius,and took determined the average value. I then repeated this using sets of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 a total of 10 times each and determined that checking the power level 3 times gives a value that is within 2% of the 100 average test 9 out of 10 times which is statistically accurate enough for purposes of this experiment. So out with the first 2 weeks of data, time to start logging data using the average of 3 power measurements at 20 degree celcius.

8. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

May 11, 2017
    This project is on indefinite hold, no time for it right now. Since Openbuilds sponsored the laser power meter, I thought it was only right to return the money to the fairshare give back program, so that other projects can get a boost.

Mark Carew likes this.