Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Compatablility with 80/20?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Mark Evans, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Mark Evans

Builder

Having never worked with the V beam, and not finding an answer searching, maybe bad search terms, I need to ask, what are the compatibles on incompatibilities of the V beam to 80/20 beam and fasteners?

thanx

M

2. Nugz

Nugz New
    Builder

Hi Mark,
    I see your question never got an answer so consider this a free bump. I can't speak with authority on the subject but I believe V-slot is compatible with 80/20 extrusion and fasteners in many ways. I'm not sure of the specifics but maybe someone else here can get you pointed in the right direction. I have seen at least one builder here use both extrusions together in a build, I just don’t remember who it was off the top of my head. I will look around a bit and see if I can find the build.

3. Hytech2k

Hytech2k Veteran
    Builder

I'm using a mix of metric "20" size 80/20 in my build. Everything seems to work fine, all the fasteners look to be compatible. I used it to reinforce the bed area. Hope this helps.

Gerald

4. Nugz

Nugz New
    Builder

That's where I saw it! Lol! Thanks Gerald. I was beginning to think I'd imagined it!
    Link for the OP:
    http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/florida-ox-2x4-with-vac-table.1270/
    -Nugz