Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CRH C-BEAM

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by chenderson, Feb 28, 2017.

1. chenderson

chenderson Well-Known
    Builder

2. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Journeyman
    Builder

Some very nice upgrades.. I really like the wheel spacer concept and the bracket for the spindle - Nice. I'll keep an eye out to see if you share your designs here.

what size spindle are you using and would you recommend you supplier? I can't wait to get rid of my router noise but still considering size options .8 or 1.5 KW etc.

chenderson likes this.
  3. chenderson

chenderson Well-Known
    Builder

I'm using a 1.5kw 65mm water cooled spindle and VFD combo from solar.jean ebay seller. I'm very happy with it so far. Probably have 100 hours of run time on it without issues. I think I opted for the "4 german bearing" model. Very quiet. I looked at the .8 and it is the same physical size as the 1.5 so I am not sure if the VFD is just programmed to over power it or what. Overall happy with the purchase.

4. chenderson

chenderson Well-Known
    Builder

Just uploaded sketchup and stl files for the spindle clamp. These are for the 65mm 1.5kw chinese spindle.

Attached Files:

Derekz likes this.
  5. chenderson

chenderson Well-Known
    Builder

Uploaded Sketchup and stl files for v-wheel reinforcement plates. Use the inner/outer 7mm to replace 6mm spacer plus 1mm precision shim. Use the middle 9mm plate to replace 6mm + 3mm spacers. Use the outer z axis plate to add extra set of v-wheels on the z axis.

Derekz likes this.