Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Disable homing on X & Y axes only - XPRO

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by TheManWithNoUserName, Aug 26, 2016.

1. TheManWithNoUserName

Builder

Hi all,
    My apologies if this has been asked before. A quick search didn't show anything.
    I have a XPro CNC driver. I'm only wanting to use a single motor to build a translation table. I still want the ability to home the axis. But, from what I understand, the homing program looks for switch transitions on the Z-axis first, followed by the X and Y. And it's not just a simple case of permanently closing the X and Y limit switches.
    I think the solution is to disable the homing requirement of the X and Y axes and only use the Z-axis to drive the motor.
    Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

A.

2. snokid

snokid Journeyman
    Builder

NOTE: Check out config.h for more homing options for advanced users. You can disable the homing lockout at startup, configure which axes move first during a homing cycle and in what order, and more.

yes it can be done...
    Bob

3. TheManWithNoUserName

Builder

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the speedy reply.
    So, I see in config.h, the section defining homing patterns. From the (very well written) comments, it seems that all I need to do is comment out the line:
    #define HOMING_CYCLE_1 ((1<<X_AXIS)|(1<<Y_AXIS))

Then write it to the XPro and use the Z-Axis as I need.
    Is it really as simple as this? o_O

I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.
    Thanks again.

Alan.