Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

DMAP2GCode : Convert greyscale images to G-code 2016-03-30

Tool to convert grey scale images to depth of cut G-code - no thrills, just conversion

1. Serge E.

Serge E. Journeyman
    Builder

2. retired1

retired1 New
    Builder

/
    Serge... dmap2gcode-009.py is working for me, if I use the default image that loads with the program. If I try to open an image created in inkscape or gimp, it returns "unable to open /Home/'myusername'/None".
    I am using ubuntu 14.1 LTS.

Monday July 4, 2016. UPDATE... I did some other testing and found that it does load the images I want to use, it just doesn't display them in the GUI. I can't view the images, but can process them into gcode. The error I encountered mislead me to believe it hadn't loaded.
    It is working well enough for me now.

Since the last edit, Scorch provided me with a fix. I was missing python-imaging-tk. installing that corrected the problem. For Fedora 22 and above, the command would be sudo dnf install python-imaging-tk. Prior to Fedora 22 you would use yum instead of dnf.For Ubuntu it would be "sudo apt-get update" and then "sudo apt-get install python-imaging-tk".

#2 retired1, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. Serge E.

Serge E. Journeyman
    Builder

Thanks for the updates.
    I was away (no... vacation and such), just now catching up on things here and every where else.