Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Estlcam V11

Intuitive CAM software

1. Anthony Bolgar

Anthony Bolgar Journeyman
    Builder

Anthony Bolgar submitted a new resource:

Estlcam - Intuitive CAM software

Read more about this resource...

2. Mehadi Saki

Builder

Hi
    I am using Estlcam v10 with Arduino uno and GRBL1.1
    I face some problem. Plz anyone help me.

Problem 1- How to use low power triggered relay for Spindle on/off?

Problem 2- How I use PWM output for spindle? I mean wiring of spindle. Is there need any external PWM hardware? I need more details.

Thanks

3. Christian Knüll

Builder

Hello,

are you using GRBL1.1 or Estlcam itself to control the machine?

Relays with low = on input logic are not suitable for this application - you should get the usual high = on types.
    PWM output circuit depends on spindle type.

Christian

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I want to give this program a try. Currently I use GRBL Panel and I like that I can use lots of different CAD programs to generate G-code (Fusion 360, Sketchucam, F-Engrave, etc...) and it runs great in GRBL Panel. If I hit the "Program the Arduino' tab, do I no longer have the ability to use GRBL Panel? Just curious. I noticed there is a "Restore Controller" button. It probably will not be critical since it looks like I can import any .nc file I have made thus far. I am just hesitant to completely get rid of what I have. The thought has crossed my mind to just make the Arduino accessible and pop a spare Atmega chip on, but that seems excessive. ;)

In Estlecam, there are boxes for steps/revolution and Distance per revolution.
    Untitled.jpg
    I have 3/8" - 8 four-start acme precision screws that travel 12.7 mm per revolution (1/2"). . . theoretically. So for 1/8 microstepping 200/12.7 = 15.748 (steps/mm without microstepping) * 8 (micro steps) = 125.984 steps/mm. However, when I calibrated the screw, I came up with 125.735 steps/mm. Or, 15.716875 steps/mm without 1/8 microstepping (125.735/8).

Am I correct in my math when I do the calculation 200/15.716875 = 12.725175965324, or as Estlecam rounds it = 12.73 mm per revolution? I would like to get the settings as accurate as possible. Right now in GRBL Panel I have the following settings:

X axis 125.735 x, steps per mm
    Y axis 125.946 y, steps per mm
    Z axis 125.735 z, steps per mm

Thanks for any help!

-Craig

Attached Files:

5. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

That kind of difference of calculated vs calibrated is typical and fine.
    I've been wanting to try the Estlcam sender myself because i want to try the drag knife feature.
    I just have not been able to get the Estlcam to see my board for some reason? I'm nervous to hit that program too!
    I have not seen a good video on using the drag knife or the sender.

This video is good on arduino setup

#5 Gary Caruso, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  6. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Thanks.

7. TurboDan

TurboDan New
    Builder

Is it possible to cut in Y-direction for a 2D drawing? Have not found a way to change tool direction for 2D. I see how to do this in 3D but complicates task trying to be achieved.

Attached Files:

8. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I do not know. I may sound dumb here (not the first time and won't be the last) but can you just rotate your project 90 degrees so the x axis is now moving in the direction you desire? In other words, the x became the y on your drawing.

9. TurboDan

TurboDan New
    Builder

Since my test pattern is a square and circle, don't think I would see a change.

Was able to reduce error from 0.006-0.007" to 0.003" by adding more preload on bearings.

Think there is more than enough preload now. Going to look elsewhere for remaining error. Will start with anti backlash nut block next.

Have spent too much time on just chasing this error. Time to make something.

Giarc likes this.