Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

First CNC Build

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Yeo Chun Beng, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Yeo Chun Beng

Builder

Yeo Chun Beng published a new build:

Read more about this build...

DenD and Paul Stoller like this.
  2. Yeo Chun Beng

Builder

Platform.jpg
    For the platform, instead of having 2 piece of board, I include another smaller piece of board as it is difficult in my area to have a large piece of board cut to the specific size that I need. I spend quite some time getting the board cut to size. I have the smaller board install as it is readily available (the small size board) in my area and my PCB board rarely goes beyond that size. i use Qty 4 M5 screws and nuts to mount the smaller board. It also serve as an easy board change-out for the smaller board.

Spindle.jpg
    Since i am using a Dremel as my spindle, i re-configure the spindle mount using existing Black Angle Corner Connector and Adjustable Strapping Clamp.

Y Axis.jpg
    Lastly for the mechanical part of the CNC, I use Qty 06 M3 25mm screws. As such I do not need to enlarge the existing holes on the brackets. I do use back the original 6mm spacers from Openbuilds Bundle.

I have not mount the electronics onto the CNC. For the electronics, I am adding the limits switches an the power supply and controller will be standalone instead of mounting onto the CNC as I am thinking that the electronics maybe subjects to vibration during milling.