Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

Grbl panel homing, zero xyz problem

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Cabinetguy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Cabinetguy

Builder

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me here!

I'm relatively new to the CNC world and finished assembling my c-beam machine last week. I got it working fine by following the 2 hour tutorial and was able to successfully cutout a couple of items I designed in Sketchup.

The problems started when I installed my limit switches and tried to do a home cycle. The initial tutorial said that the software considers the front, left corner as the zero xyz point. When I enabled homing, it runs all motors in their positive direction which lands the router in the back right corner with the router up as high as it can go. When I tried to run those same files again, the alarm went off immediately as the machine hit its X limit immediately. Apparently the machine didn't get the memo that our new homing direction was the opposite corner. Any ideas on how to fix this?

grbl panel settings.JPG

grbl panel interface.JPG

#1 Cabinetguy, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. Joe Santarsiero

Joe Santarsiero OB addict
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Check out the offsets section on this pagehttps://github.com/gerritv/Grbl-Panel/wiki/Settings
    and see if that helps.

Joe