Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Help with stuttering stepper motors

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by FireHaus, Sep 7, 2016.

1. FireHaus

FireHaus New
    Builder

Finished up my C Beam XL build and am now tackling the electronics. I purchased the stepper motors with the kit and have TB6600's and a mach3 BoB between the steppers and Mach3. I had the system all loosely wired up yesterday and it jogged smoothly on all axis. I removed all the wiring in an effort to clean things up and put components in a more permanent location. I removed the daisy chained power (24v supply... I think 15A), and ran power to each driver individually. Long story short, after "improving" the wiring, the motors now stutter (they sound "crunchy"). I tried trouble shooting the wiring and found no faults, so I tore it back down to just the X axis for trouble shooting. When I got up this morning, I jogged the X axis and it ran smoothly in both directions for about 15 seconds, then resorted to its previous crunchy state.

Is there something obvious Im missing? Ive tried changing the steps, both up and down, as well as the Amps going to the motor (using the dip switched on the driver), as well as changing the curves in the motor setting in mach3. This is my first build, so Im learning as I go...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

still have issues?

3. FireHaus

FireHaus New
    Builder

Nope, got it all sorted out. I'm not positive but I think it had to do with some faulty wiring at the driver.