Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

I need serious Autodesk Inventor 2014 help!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Software' started by Jon Cherba, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Jon Cherba

Builder

I have been working on a 3D printer design using Inventor for a final project. I have a gantry and 6 solid v-wheels set-up in the 20x80 v-slot positions. For the life of me I can't get the wheel to follow the track like it's supposed to. I'm not the most experienced using Inventor but I'm pretty good at the software. Please if anybody can help me I would be greatly appreciative!! Thanks so much for your time! I hope to hear from someone soon...Time is of the essence...

2. Jon Cherba

Builder

Maybe someone can tell me how far the V-Slot and the universal plate are apart from each other? Please anybody, I need to get this figured out A.S.A.P.

3. Jon Cherba

Builder

I have been messing with spacing and settings for a few hours now and I believe I have got it to work. The gantry's move accurately, now I need to figure out how to make them not go past the brackets or objects that it will not be able to move past in real life...

4. R_B

R_B New
    Builder

Over a year later, I only just got to this thread.
    It would be interesting (to me) to know how you solved this.
    i.e. was it about mating surfaces (to get the wheels to go along the tracks) and constraints to get them to stop at the ends ?

I'm guessing that your solution would be portable to fusion 360.

5. Hamdi Hirzallah

Builder

I never used inventor before but I intend on learning it.
    looking at the problem as a simulation software issue, my guess is that maybe it has to do with the constraint settings?