Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for some assistance with creating a parts list.

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Jim Eicher, May 12, 2015.

1. Jim Eicher

Builder

Hello all, I purchased a 40w Chinese laser engraver/cutter from ebay a few months ago and am looking to expand my engraving cutting area. Currently the laser is encased in a steel enclosure that limits me to an 8"x10" useable area. I am wanting to remove all components from the enclosure and make a new framework using V-slot materials permanently mounted which measures 1000mm x 500mm. I would like to use 20 x 40 v-slot for the sides and ends and 20 x 20 for the gantry. The reason I am asking for some assistance is that I am extremely new at this and am unsure of how the V-slot system works or what parts are needed to connect the pieces together. I apologize if I sound stupid or uneducated but instead of college back in the day I chose to join the Army. And unfortunately I chose Combat Infantryman as a job title instead of mechanical engineer. So, if there is anyone out there that would be willing to take me under their wing and help me to complete my first build, please know that your help would be GREATLY appreciated and I promise to pay it forward the first chance I get. The design I have seen that accommodates me that most is one that posted as a new build by DistortedDesigns on Feb. 3, 2015. Just so you have an idea as to what I am looking to achieve. Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy cry for help and thank you in advance to those that respond!

Attached Files: