Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking to buy 80cm(or more) of 20x80 V-slot

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Peter, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Peter

Peter New
    Builder

Does anyone have a 80-100 cm piece of 20x80 V-Slot I could buy?

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known
    Builder

what is the parts store sold out again?

3. Peter

Peter New
    Builder

Yup. And another seller would cost me an arm and leg for one piece.

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known
    Builder

When I was a kid, there was this new Spiderman comic book that was released. Some rich guy bought out the whole inventory to create artificial scarcity and drive up the price. Once they reached $40 he began selling them very slowly. After that, I quit collecting comic books and sold my entire collection, seeing it for the ponzi scheme it was. It wasn't a conspiracy by Marvel or the artist or anything like that... it was just a lack of effort on the part of the publisher to prevent a monopoly from forming. Maybe open builds could limit people's orders so that everyone can get v-slot. If not, I could just haunt the parts store for when something becomes available, buy the entire inventory, and then just sit on it at a marked up price until people give up in frustration and pay me my monopoly prices.

5. JZatopa

JZatopa New
    Builder

6. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If you're referencing zatopa, it appears they have had a shipping calc error which they have been working on. Contact them for a real price. http://www.openbuilds.com/goto/post?id=2507#post-2507.

#6 Rick 2.0, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

OpenBuilds Part Store is restocking soon with enough product so that everyone can build. :thumbsup: We apologize for being out of stock and ask that you check the distributors in your area.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding.

8. Tharn

Tharn New
    Builder

I have a piece and I have access to shipping.

9. TimO

TimO New
    Builder

Hey guys, do you know a web store where I could buy 100cm v-slot (80x20)? All the stores seem out of stock, but zatopa only sell 150cm (too much for me) and the shipping costs pretty much the same as the extrusion itself :(

10. JZatopa

JZatopa New
    Builder

TimO even if you could find the 100cm (40") stock, shipping a single piece is going to cost almost the same. I just used the UPS calc and the difference in shipping between the two is about .40. It's more economical to ship a few pieces at a time. If you know someone in your area that needs V-slot you might be able to save some by partnering with them and splitting shipping costs.

11. Tharn

Tharn New
    Builder

I have a piece of 100cm 20x80 black V-Slot and I have discount shipping from Canada (unrelated company). It won't be as cheap as down the street, but if you want it, all you have to do is buy me another piece from Mark and have it shipped when it is available again. It will cost whatever it costs.

Mark Carew likes this.