Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Making the most of a machine

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Todd Lotz, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Todd Lotz

Todd Lotz New
    Builder

I'm totally new to this diy cnc movement that is going on. I'm a truck driver for a profession and i see fully capable machine shops every day. I'm not looking to match their speed or size i just want to build a machine at home to do the most it can. I'm hoping for some advice or opinions on a few items because i have no experience with anything yet. My goal is to go big.... as i do with everything... Im trying to start at 1000mm x 1000mm for x/y

The bulk of my parts will be bought from the Openbuilds store however their are a few items that ill have to get elsewhere...

So i came across a 5 axis mach 3 board but it has 6 axis + spindle on the board... has anyone used this or something similar?
    5 Axis USB MACH3 Motion Control Card 200Khz CNC Interface Breakout Board NVUM
    NVUM USB MACH3 Card.jpg

Ive also come across this little gem enabling the 4th and 5th axis
    CNC Rotary Table Rotational Axis A B Axis 4th 5th Axis Router Engraving Machine
    CNC Rotary Table Rotational Axis Dividing Head-2.jpg

I plan on ordering a 2.2kv water cooled spindle from ebay.
    NEW 4KW WATER-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR & 4KW DRIVE INVERTER VFD FOR CNC s-l1600.jpg

2. Craig Blignault

Builder

Hi, did you buy your Nvum controller?