Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Making the ultimate truck for a toddler

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by CaptainB00M, Apr 10, 2017.

1. CaptainB00M

Builder

Hi guys,

This is my first post here. I'm looking around the internet for the right place to make my home, for sharing DIY projects that I am enjoying with my son Mac.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This has been so much fun doing this with him, and his truck keeps improving... so it's a win win situation.
    Now, I don't own a 3D printer like you guys (Although I'm seriously considering it for future projects).

I'd like to post here the first three blogs on how to take a Step Ford Raptor ride along toy, and "trick it out" with after market upgrades! #thestep2company

Blogs

1. Blog: Aftermarket Tire upgrade!
    [​IMG]

2. Blog: Engine sound effects
    Ford Raptor ( Child's Toy ) - Soundboard.com
    [​IMG]

3. Blog: Headlights!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Five Point Seatbelt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (For the Forest Coaster experience)

I figured, if there is any place on the internet where someone could share their inspiration with building things, its got to be "openbuilds.com". I hope to find a warm and thriving community here.

Looking forward to sharing my Daddy-babby bonding projects with you all and hopefully! others will share this thread with new dads who want to share the experience of buying and upgrading a toy truck with their son.

Thank you for having me on this new forum, hope to hear from you soon.

All the best!

#1 CaptainB00M, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Mark Carew likes this.
  2. CaptainB00M

Builder

PS: All the sound effects created, where done by me. I took authentic Ford Raptor engine sound tracks and spliced them with light (baby) music. Next, uploaded them onto SoundBoard.com. Where anyone can use it for free. You will find a mixture of both idle and spirited driving tracks.

3. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

Building a future maker!

CaptainB00M likes this.
  4. CaptainB00M

Builder