Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Moag's CNC Mill

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Moag, May 9, 2016.

1. dean knipping

Builder

gggrrrrrr.....still waiting for a price on this beast :mad: wanting to see how much more than the regular C-Beam this is going to cost because I love the rigidity this is going to have

2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

As long as the new machine is available before the US gets its' new President. :rolleyes:
    I don't think, either one of them, is going to miss the opportunity to slap trade embargoes on Exports from the US. :banghead:
    Especially since we've decided to go it alone over here! :( The pound will probably rise again, so that shouldn't hurt toooo much. :thumbsup:
    Who'd have thought..... CNC and Politics! :)

3. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

No. I think it is going to cost us more, one way, or another.

4. Steve Welsh

Builder

Hi Moag and Mark Carew. Any update on the bundle pack being available?? How did the test build go?

5. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hi @Steve Welsh Yes there is a little update.
    Moag has finished his beta build and there were some updates and changes that needed to be made to both the parts list and manual.
    So we are working though these and then it will be release time! It's going to be a really nice Build and we are super excited to share it with your guys so we are working hard to get it done as quickly as possible. :)
    Thank you

6. Moag

Moag Veteran
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Do I give everyone a spoiler @Mark Carew ?:p

In the interim here's a frog to look ato_O

CM 12444.jpg

Mark Carew likes this.
  7. eddiejr

eddiejr New
    Builder

8. Moag

Moag Veteran

G'Day @eddiejr My build (Test bed for the bundle) is near identical to what the C-Beam Machine XLarge bundle will be, with the difference being the use of 40x40x960 X-brace on mine and a 20x40x960 on the bundle, which I think I will change too in the future as it allows easy on machine adjustment of the double Acme Nut blocks and a neat place to mount a drag chain.

Will be using a 0.8kw water cooled Chinese Spindle on mine. Waiting on a replacement still, as they sent me a 120v version instead of a 220v. So a bit of a setback.
    Steppers are the new Openbuilds Nema 23 High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motor - High Torque Series
    That will be driven with the new drivers DQ542MA Stepper Motor Driver
    Controller is a Smoothieboard, hooked to a Raspberry Pi 3 with the official Raspberry Pi 7" Touch screen, running bCNC
    Fusion 360 will be the main Design and Cam software.

Will let everyone know how this setup will work, when I can get around to getting it all up and running; there's a lot lot on my plate at the moment so might be a month off.

Attached Files:

Mark Carew, GrayUK and Kyo like this.
  9. David Bourne

Builder

Stunning graphics and fantastic design. I am just starting to use Fusion360, but can't get anything like the rendering you have on this. Do you have your own materials library?

10. Moag

Moag Veteran

Cheers David. No I use fusions, starting by assigning each model i.e v-slot it's material by right clicking its name in the browser, clicking "physical material" in the physical material window, click on the folder for metal to expand it, click (and hold) and drag "aluminium" to the highlighted (blue) model, then close physical material window. Right click the V-Slot again, this time click "appearance" and use the method as above but this time use "Aluminium-Satin" and close window. Save and you have a part that will render like V-Slot ready to build your machine model.;)

JustinTime likes this.