Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Moving forward

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by centurian, Apr 20, 2015.

1. centurian

centurian New
    Builder

Hi all
    As I'm coming to the end of my OX build I'm wondering how long the Z plate should be. At present its 12ins long as I bought it separately from the main build so I could re-potion the holes on the Z & X plates so they would line up properly and used the 20 X 60 to make sure everything was lined up correctly.

Looking at Mark's video his is much shorter than mine (not bragging, really, lol) so I'm wondering if I should cut mine down a few inches. He didn't say in the video how long it actually was, but it was cut off the X brace as it was too long.

Also the threaded rod will have to be cut to the same length, so I can't do one without knowing the length of the other. Perhaps some one who's done the same build would let me know what they made the length.

2. centurian

centurian New
    Builder

Where about's are they then.

3. centurian

centurian New
    Builder

I was unable to open any files in the file section. But its not a problem as I went with 10ins which is 2 ins longer than my Makita router. Looking at it from the front its not that much different from Marks build, so I'll stick with that.

Thanks a lot.