Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need Help Running 2 Steppers Together - Stuttering!

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by patrickonb, Jun 7, 2017.

1. patrickonb

Builder

Hi Folks,

I'm having troubles running two stepper motors together, and hoping someone can give
    me some insight on how to get them working properly together.

I purchased 2 V-Slot Linear Actuator Bundles, and using them for each side on my Y axis
    on a custom build laser cutter. I'm also use 1 V-Slot Linear Actuator Bundle for my X axis,
    but there only needs to be one motor on that, and it's working fine.

The problem I seem to be having is, when I hook up both motors using the provided belts,
    the motors seem to have some kind of harmonic feedback going on, and seem to want to
    fight each other. If I unhook on of the belts, yet keep both motors connected to the system,
    they both run smoothly as they should.

I am using the AWC708C Lite laser controller system, and using separate stepper drivers
    for each stepper motor.

Can anyone give me some idea what is going on here, and maybe how to fix this issue?
    I have to have a motor on each side of my Y axis or the side without the motor will lag
    behind the side with the motor. If you need anymore info, let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. patrickonb

Builder

OK, I finally figured out what was going on. It turns out I have a bad stepper driver. I replaced it, and now it works as it should.