Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need some more help

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by blynch89, Mar 24, 2016.

1. blynch89

blynch89 New
    Builder

1. OK so I need some help again, I have it all done just getting the motors down in chilkipeppr. I have the x and z axis moving in chilli and I have the y axis moving but each are moving in the opposite direction. How do I reverse one in chilli? Also, I have the 400w quiet spindle from swm3d I have it set to be controlled by the tinyg but once I plug the machine in the spindle starts spinning and I can't get it to stop or do anything other than spin, but I also don't know all the commands for chilli. Is there a compilation of commands and what they do somewhere? is there a code I should input in the serial line in chilli or an I missing something?

Edit:so i think i've figured out the y axis andi have it going right now, but then the left nema on the axis started making this noise and being really jumpy heres a video of it. do you think the motor is bad or what. also im having a hard time setting zero in chillipeppr am i missing something. i manually jog it to position and then hit the set machine zero but then i load up the sample diamond calibration svg and the machine just goes and knocks itself into the rails and i have no idea why. and i have just taken the spindle and am controlling the speed from the pwm controller since i cant get it to not spin when turned on, when i have it hooked to the tiny g, but if someone knows a way to make it work with the tinyg id love to do it that way. nbyways any thoughts or help is appreciated

Edit: also cross posted this in the ox build thread didnt know where i should put it

Edit: heres the video

2. certeza

certeza New
    Builder

Sounds like a loose wire on your stepper motor, or the controller doesn't provide enough current to drive the stepper motor.