Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New here. Wanted to say " Hello! "

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by LouSiffer, Jan 3, 2015.

1. LouSiffer

LouSiffer New
    Builder

Came across this site looking at some DIY anodizing stuff and seen you had a laser build section. I am actually a laser technician and seen some of the builds and was quite impressed with the effort and knowledge you guys have regarding lasers. I specialize in CO2 ( 10600 nm ), diode pumped ( 1064 nm ), diode pump green lasers ( 532 nm ) and diode pumped blue lasers ( 266 nm ).

My lasers generally are not flat bed, but, galvo moved lasers as speed is the name of the game in my industry. If there is anything I can do to help, or information I can answer, I would be more than happy to do so.

Mark Carew likes this.
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Welcome to the OpenBuilds community @LouSiffer
    Thank you for your offer to help out and looking forward to picking your brain for some future build ideas. :)
    Mark

3. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

Welcome @LouSiffer ! Any source for reliable and cheap 10.6µm safety glasses?

4. LouSiffer

LouSiffer New
    Builder

You can get something like these which are about $40: http://www.lasersafetyindustries.com/CO2_Laser_Safety_Glasses_p/100-50-101.htm
    The good thing about CO2 at 10600 is that it really only affects what it came into immediate contact with. CO2 lasers are the easiest and cheapest lasers to get safety glasses for. Anything under 100 watts and these should be fine.
    My personal glasses cost about $350 and cover everything from 808nm up to 10600. I also have a different pair that goes down to 266nm. I use those the least as those lasers are less common and vision is really restricted due to the lens filtering and the blocking of visible light.

Now if you are running a high power co2 such as 200 watts or higher, you will want to invest into a better pair. This will put you up into the $300+ range.

#4 LouSiffer, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015