Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New wheels for my router

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by John J Talavera, May 31, 2014.

1. John J Talavera

Builder

John J Talavera published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

Nice work John, thanks for sharing the information on your re-designed wheels. :thumbsup:

Tweakie.

3. John J Talavera

Builder

Thanks Tweakie but these are not the wheels I redesigned. All I did was make them out of aluminum with press fit bearings. The design we are working on is a linear bearing for the extrusion.

4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hello John,
    Mark here of the OpenBuilds team. Thank you for sharing your builds with us your designs are always inspiring and we look forward to them.
    Your latest post regarding OpenBuilds V wheels in aluminum falls more under the category of a part then a machine build and would be more appropriate in the resources part section of the site, so we have moved it over there.
    http://www.openbuilds.com/resources/new-wheels-for-my-router-www-cncforeveryone-com.55/
    We are in the process of working on a paid resource section that will be for business who want to promote their company though OpenBuilds.com so keep an eye out for that. Slow but sure we are getting there, as you probably know this kind of computer work takes a lot of time. :) Thank you
    P.S. Not sure if you have seen the linear bearing ideas posted here John, but it may be inspirational :thumbsup:
    http://www.openbuilds.com/threads/recirculating-balls.453/#post-3896