Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

Noisy Y axis

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Rendermandan, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Rendermandan

Rendermandan Journeyman
    Builder

I finally got my C-Beam machine up and running. After a short while during alignment/testing, I noticed a weird noise coming from my Y axis. The X and Z axis are smooth and "quite". The noise sounds like kind of like a squeak or binding maybe, hard to describe. So far, I have checked to make sure the base runs smooth on the rails. The lead screw is not to tight between the ends. The flexible coupler has space to move, and I have oiled the lead screw.

Could it be the anti-backlash block? I'm not really sure how to adjust it properly. I screwed in the grub screw until it touched the block, then added the nut to hold it in place. There was no backlash in axis so I thought I had it right. Is it possible this has moved and causing the noise?

Thanks!