Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Off Subject of Builds.. Just wanted

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Christer Langley, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Christer Langley

Builder

Just wanted to publish somewhere that today April 9th 2014
    is my official Medical - Retirement from the United States Army.
    14 Years consisting of 5 Combat deployments and 1 Peace Keeping mission to Kosovo.
    I have officially been Retired due to a bad situation which happen in Afghanistan. Glad to be alive
    and be able to watch my boys grow-up to be fine citizens. Today marks a page that will be hopefully
    full of new job options and a peaceful life. Posted is a few photos of what my body endured for this great nation.
    Prior to explostion.. beforeaccident.jpg
    After 200 lbs oh Afghan love potion!
    mytruck1.jpg mytruck2.jpg mytruck3.jpg mytruck4.jpg
    * Please thank a service member. This is what they deal with on a daily basis while deployed for this great nation. Would you?

Mark Carew likes this.
  2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

Wow! that certainly was some IED - thanks for posting the photo's.

You, and all other service personnel, have my greatest admiration for doing a job that I certainly would not want to do.

Good fortune in your retirement my friend.

Tweakie.

Christer Langley likes this.
  3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

nasty!
    were you driving?
    I did 2 years of (conscript) service, more than enough for me thanks. my father served in North Africa in WW2, captured at Tobruk, 3 years as a POW.

on a slightly political note, the Russians lost in Afganistan, what makes the US think it can do any different?
    who ever won a war against terrorists?
    my advice: go home, take care of that deficit. after that, look around to see who you can help.

Christer Langley likes this.
  4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

@Christer Langley Thank you sir for your service to this country and all the innocents that you protected world wide during your tours. I believe these efforts are not in vain and will show in the form of peace in the generations to come.
    Glad to see you home and well my friend. :thumbsup:

5. Robert J Rissell

Builder

@Christer Langley. May I also thank you and say congrats on the retirement! Too many of our men and women are not making it out
    of the field of battle to grow old with their loved ones.. My Father was a USAF veteran ('63 - '98) with duty (and Agent Orange exposure) in 'Nam.
    He raised myself and 2 sisters while being a husband to my Mom and made it to an all too short retirement. We had the hardship of moving often but never went hungry. We were always proud of his service and that of his fellow servicemen (and women).

Robyn Rissell