Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ooznest build - Can you check my math & give feedback?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by iH8vols, Jan 29, 2017.

1. iH8vols

iH8vols New
    Builder

Hello. Been reading on the forums for a while. Been buying up my parts slowing to get my Ooznest build underway!

My next step is to buy the v-slots. I was hoping someone could check my numbers to make sure I'm doing my math right before ordering. I'd also like to get your thoughts on the size of my build.

Here's my setup: The company I work for sold off some tables they were using to repair the product we distribute. The table is made completely of steel, other than the 2" MDF table top. It's very sturdy and I felt it would be the perfect base for my CNC. The table top is 30" (750mm) x 60" (1500mm). I expect to use my CNC for mostly woodworking. Might try some light metal later, but not any time soon. I know the size that I'm looking at building is much larger than the plans, but I hate to build a small version only to regret not having a bigger one later - especially since I have the base for more. Any concerns/problems you foresee building one this big?

I've attempted to calculate the size of the V-slots that I should need based on the 750x1500mm table. Do these numbers look accurate?

TABLE SIZE (X AXIS): 1500mm
    TABLE SIZE (Y AXIS): 750mm

2. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Hi,

That table would work perfect.

You base supporting Y need to be 1494mm & 1454mm.

Ryan

iH8vols likes this.