Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX 700x1000 controller options

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by James Hayes, Aug 25, 2016.

1. James Hayes

James Hayes Well-Known
    Builder

Hello,

I am building on OX 700X1000 and it came with the tiny g controller but I want to make it a bit more stand alone than the web based chillipeppr. I have been googling motion controllers for a week solid trying to sort out what is what and not really made it anywhere in selection.

I use Vcarve Pro for creation but I need something to be the controller. Ilve looked at the mach 3 and mach 4 and would prefer a USB setup as I dont have any machines old enough to have a parallel port that works. I found some industrial motion controllers but they are 5X the cost of what I currently have in the machine and that is not in budget and overkill for what I am doing.

I seen the UC300 boards but from what I can tell I would need to get stepper drivers separate? I have previos experience in building a CNC laser most of which I bought from lightobject.com the color DSP conversion is amazing and I would love to find something along those lines for my CNC mill if one exists.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated so I can finish my build and get to making more stuff.

2. EvanBruner

EvanBruner Veteran
    Builder

The tinyG can be used with more than chilipeppr. UGS is good, but basic.

If you still want to use mach3 you have a bunch of options. Theres the smoothstepper boards that come in both usb and ethernet flavors. You can also get a generic breakout board and use a uc100 adapter. You'll need external drivers for all of these. You can get good ones for 15 bucks a pop (TB6600).

3. James Hayes

James Hayes Well-Known
    Builder

im not dead set on mach 3 but i have been watching videos on how to use it and i atleast have a small clue on how to use it. Since this is my first venture into cnc milling i am open to anything better since I havent really mastered any of them and have a preference yet.