Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX CNC 4'x4'

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by zann68, Dec 28, 2015.

1. zann68

zann68 Well-Known
    Builder

zann68 published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. zann68

zann68 Well-Known
    Builder

I have included the STL files I made for my Electronics Box and for the Camera Mount for the Bore Camera. Will need to update the camera mounting but you get the idea. The shelf design I copied from DazTheGas build, simple but perfect for mounting those other bits that need a home. The new 3D Printer is getting a workout.
    I decided to go large with the electronics box. I had everything stuffed in a 10"x10" box before. I found it crowded and could not add anything in it and hard to get my hands in it. I decided to go BIG. The drivers are mounted on 2 sticks of 10x10. The box will have a Clear face plate once the wiring is done.

#2 zann68, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. zann68

zann68 Well-Known
    Builder

I finally got a chance to wire up the New Break-out board for the new drivers. It's alive and moving! Wrap up some of the other wiring this week and it's done. I still need to to wire up the sensors, camera and kill switch. Still waiting on the Z Axis limit sensor to come in.

4. Steve Marsh

Steve Marsh Well-Known
    Builder

Question but not about your router which is nice BTW. In the background of a few pics you have a cnc hotwire foam cutter. Which type of board are you using to control it?

5. zann68

zann68 Well-Known
    Builder

4 Axis TB6560 CNC Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board Kit,57 two-phase,3A.US . eBay item number: 191747491538. I use this on the Hotwire cutter. I used to use this on the CNC as well. I have never had an issue with these boards. I like that they are compact and was able to mount them on or by the motors as well.

s-l1600.jpg

Steve Marsh likes this.