Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX CNC cutting rough circles

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Tomster, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Tomster

Tomster New
    Builder

Hi guys,

I have an OX CNC build (GRBL, 4xDRV8825, 4xNema 23, Dewalt D611 router) with some issues.

When cutting circles, the motion seems very jaggy when looking from closeby, the final result has a very rough finish to it. The jags in the final result are not random, you can actually see the stepper motor steps towards max/min on the X and Y axis.

Things I have done so far:
    - verified that my circles are made with arc commands and not a bunch of small vectors
    - checked belt tension on all axis
    - checked set screw on the stepper motors
    - checked wheel tension on the v-rail on all axis
    - added fans to the drivers to prevent overheating
    - changed the stepper drivers DRV8825 to cheap TB6560

Changing the drivers made the biggest improvement (but the finish is far from smooth), I’ve added some pictures of my issue and comparison of the drivers, the circles were cut with a diameter of 50mm (or +/- 2 inch).

Is this to expect from a belt driven setup? Are there any ways to improve this result?

Thanks!

Tom

vgl1.jpg
    vgl2.jpg