Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX cnc with x/y/z lead screws vs the C-Beam XL

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by gazingm42, Feb 10, 2017.

1. gazingm42

gazingm42 New
    Builder

I like the idea on the C-Beam XL with X/YY/Z with all lead screws on the motors. But not happy with the limit
    of the size of about 13" on the Y axis.

While I like the 30 X 36 XY axis. I not over excited with both XY being a track system. Does anyone know
    if there a build upgrade or someone project that one can put lead screws on the XY. I will be using a lot of
    very hard woods and have read issues of problems with the track.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

C-Beam Prefab Untitled Same basic kit of parts as c-beam xl (just with longer Y-axis beams) rearranged into a fixed platform system.

3. DazTheGas

DazTheGas Journeyman
    Builder

This has made a great improvement to my Ox

Ox Upgrade Kit

DazTheGas

4. gazingm42

gazingm42 New
    Builder

Rick 2.0, Too bad there not more info on this prefab untitled, wish there was more info on the parts.

5. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If you study the photo a bit and cross reference it with the c-beam xl you'll see they are basically the same parts. The Y-axis actuators have just been moved to the sides and turned up on edge. The trolleys as well as the X and Z axes are still the same. The only real difference besides the Y-axis actuators being lengthened to 1m would be the 4 20x60 members supporting the bed. If you look through the build section there are already a couple examples being built.

As an alternative, there is Kyo's C-beam Sphinx. There are also several examples of this in the build section underway with a couple having been enlarged to the 1000mm square range.