Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

Ox vs shapeoko 3 half plywood

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by daman691003, May 30, 2015.

1. daman691003

Builder

So I pre ordered the shapeoko 3. I will be building RC plane parts from wood and balsa. So I know shape 3 is small but upgrades for bigger are promised. But the more I look at the ox the more I relize the price will be better in long run. How sturdy is the ox. What accuracy are people seeing. And how do u think it compares to shape 3. Thanks

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Master
    Builder

They are both very similar machines in their built and work very much the same. The main difference is that the OX is built from scratch, and therefore can be customized, and the Shapeoko from a kit.

3. daman691003

Builder

So is accuracy the same

4. JustinTime

JustinTime Master
    Builder

5. daman691003

Builder

Also I want a bigger machine. And the shapeoko will cost more because I need upgrafe rails

6. daman691003

Builder

I can't decide. The ox looks beefier and I can make it bigger. But shapeoko looks nice still. What's better on z acme or belt