Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Problems with tinyg motor 3 slot on Y axis

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by gazingm42, Mar 4, 2017.

1. gazingm42

gazingm42 New
    Builder

So I finally got every thing connected on the tinyg. I have motor3 and motor 4 on the y-axis. I set
    $3ma and $4ma to = 1. I can turn the motors flex coupling and every thing turns find by hand.
    But when I connect to universal G code sender and hit the y+/- the motor 4 turns fine. But appears
    to be no movement on the motor 4.

I disconnect the lead screw on both sides for testing.

So just the motor is connected to the flex coupling. I up the step to 5 in on the universal gcode sender to
    see the motor rotations better.

If I click the +/- I see motor 3 move several turns. But motor 4 moves only a degree or 2. So I thought I
    might had a bad motor. So I changed the motors for 3 and 4. But only to find the motor connect to motor
    4 output on ting moves only a few degrees.

The trim pots are set between 4 and 8. I moved them motor 3 slightly to left or right with no change.

Any suggestions? Setting?

Thanks

#1 gazingm42, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I do not know much about Tinyg so I may be wasting your time, but on other control boards (at least the arduino based ones I am familiar with) there is a jumper you have to set to slave two axis together. For example on the cnc shield the axis are labeled X,Y,Z,A and A can be slaved to any of the other 3.

3. gazingm42

gazingm42 New
    Builder

Problem fixed... I discovered the $3tr=1.25 was the same on $1tr and $2tr. But on $4tr it was 3.60. Changing it to 1.25 and reconnect the leadscrews etc all works.

4. TrishC

TrishC OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Great. Glad to hear you go it working!