Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Putting 2 actuators together

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by centurian, May 31, 2015.

1. centurian

centurian New
    Builder

After watching Marks 'Nema 23 Lead Actuator Example Build I'd like to put 2 together one on top of the other and wondered if Mark had made a video of this.

If not, can someone tell me how this is done please as I've already completed the first build and want to start the second.

Thanks a lot.

Michael.

2. Ronald van Arkel

Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

There is no example video of that. You need to design a plate yourself that goes in between the 2 actuators. You might consider placing mini V-Wheels on the sides of the C-Beam (presuming this is what you are going to use), 4 of them on each side, and making your own plate for them. Using the "normal" sized wheels you end up making an asymmetric plate, it is possible but not recommended. There is nothing in the OpenBuilds store that is already made for this.

Also, an option for 2 Acme blocks on each axis is recommended; this will give less play. Place them at the end of each plate. I would use spacing from center to center of the blocks in steps of 8mm.

-Ronald

3. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hytech2k and GrayUK like this.