Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

raw material for the c-beam ?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Elhanan, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Elhanan

Elhanan New
    Builder

hi...

i'm about to embark on getting c-beam machine assembled, i have no experience in cnc ,other then working with tevo tarantula 3d printer (assembling, small time design, fusion 360)

my aim is to create something like this cell holder here (the vid is paused right there) i have no idea what this board is made off

btw this guy has a massive cnc shop for batteries if you're interested in it...

i'm assuming since i saw c-beam cuttign aluminum it would have no issue cutting a board of that thickness .

my question, is where do i get boards like that, simple rectangular boards, from various materials of plastic like pvc , and aluminum, while not in industrial quantity , i will need some training room. like a store selling filaments, the same deal only plates..

i do have an hour and half vid on assembling , any other tips?

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

The plastic plates look like HDPE, which you can get at local plastic dealers or even ebay, Inventables sells small cut sections as does onlinemetals.com
    Could also use GPO3 more heat resistant and stiffer and cheap. All of the above materials are orders of magnitude easier to cut on a hobby cnc than aluminum.
    cheers

GPO-3 Red

HDPE on ebay

3. Elhanan

Elhanan New
    Builder

aluminum i'll cut later.. that's motor brackets,
    but i need someone who does international shipping and not using DHL and stuff cause that would cost 3 times as the plate itself..