Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Really Stuck Now!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Paul T D Wilson, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Paul T D Wilson

Builder

Hi all
    I'm sure that you have heard similar before....
    I've just completed my ox build, wired and ready to run however i'm now stuck.

I use Vetric 2D cut desktop, and then save my tool path as a Grbl file 0.8 (mm). I then use Universal G-Code Sender to send to my machine.
    I have a machine mounted CNC Xpro V2 when using the control panel in UGS all the axis operate and move accordingly

The problem i have relates to when i send a file to the machine, it seems that the measurements increase ten fold increasing the size from the original as designed in 2d cut

if any body has any ideas????

Thanks in anticipation

2. Flash22

Flash22 Well-Known
    Builder

have you setup the xpro and configured the settings using the command tab in UGS ??

3. Paul T D Wilson

Builder

Thanks Flash22 , i'm new to this and i'm not to sure.

I initally took the settings as listed on the Ox Build page, not realising that there had been a changed from 6mm to 8mm Acme screw thread size. That i believe is the only setting which maybe at doubt as the motors, pulley and belts are all the same as the original build.

At the sound of seeming lazy... are you aware of a set of generic Grbl settings for the Ox as configure with the X pro board that, i could possible use as a reference?

i haven't really referenced any other literature as such other than whats supplied from the kits manufacture, which didn't list any details about the controller setup as such

I have rewired and reprogrammed the unit now and still it all seems out of scale i would estimate by a factor of ten

Iv'e really enjoyed the build, just struggling with the electronic at the moment, i'm sure its something simple that i'm mising

Paul

4. Flash22

Flash22 Well-Known
    Builder

I'm not a ox user but have the c beam, there are various threads on here with the info you require, I had the same issue - I had forgot to set the micro stepping on the board

the board just has default settings and you need to change them to suit your build

have a look here.

http://openbuilds.org/builds/openbuilds-ox-cnc-machine.341/

5. Paul T D Wilson

Builder

Yes these are the setting i refer to in my last reply. I been experimenting this morning with the stepper motors and i think the problem may be with the board as i see no change in the problem when i increase or decrease the step size! i will keep on persevering. many many thanks for your input and comment

6. Flash22

Flash22 Well-Known
    Builder

Is that by the physical microstep jumper on the board ?

7. Paul T D Wilson

Builder

Yes i have tried various combinations as listed in the X pro documentation and nothing has changed.

8. Flash22

Flash22 Well-Known
    Builder

UGS if you jog the table with the buttons what sort of movement do you get (make sure its set to MM first as it defaults to inches)

9. Paul T D Wilson

Builder

Hi flash, work got in the way... I get movements in line with expectations, well they are small i'm not sure how accurate but they seem to be OK ish

10. Paul T D Wilson

Builder

Hi Flash,
    I have just uploaded the firmware, and i think it may be OK.. not sure just plugged in a few settings and the x and y look OK, can't believe it, its been a long day and i'm turning in. I will keep you posted, if interested, just like to say thanks for all your help, time and suggestions. Not there yet but making progress

Paul