Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Remix of Sage's Delta-Six

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Robert J Rissell, May 5, 2014.

1. Robert J Rissell

Builder

Hi All!

My name is Robyn and I am an embedded S/W engineer for one of the Tier 1 auto suppliers in the Detroit area.
    I'm also a husband, father of 2 (boy - 7, girl - 9), electronics and computer enthusiast, electric radio-control plane builder and pilot, lego maniac, science fiction fan, marksman and archer, video-gamer, pinball nut;
    in short, a guy with too many hobbies! Oh yeah, and I'm a Reprapper! ;)

Last year around this time of the year (facing a lay-off), I built a Prusa I2 from a Makerfarm kit and attended the first Midwest RepRap Festival in Goshen, IN. I then got re-employed so the full usage of the I2 got side-tracked. Most of what I built using this is accessories for the machine itself such as a cooling fan mount and duct.

With the explosion of the Delta machines, I was once again enthused and looking for a project to build from a set of pieces and a BOM. I followed various threads on the 'Net and found Sage's Delta-Six build here on OpenBuilds and found that it really gelled with what I had in mind.

Read more about this build...

I've printed out most of the Vertices from the Delta-Six files and ordered most of my BOM from various suppliers online including one order of GT2 pinions on a slow-boat from China.

In a nut-shell, my plan is to use Sage's Delta-Six framework melded with a standard Mini Kossel kit for the diagonal mounts to the end-effector. I'm trying to see how much I can use off-the-shelf so I've chosen the
    http://openbuildspartstore.com/v-slot-gantry-plate/ with the delrin wheel kits here on the OpenBuilds Part Store. Effector is a 3mm J Head extruder driven by a 3mm Airtripper extruder. Electronics are a RAMPS 1.4 board with LCD controller and SD slot together with mechanical end-stops. No decision on the auto-leveling method yet.

More details as I can get this organized.

Robyn
    Lake Orion, MI

#1 Robert J Rissell, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014