Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Robo Morten

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by JimB828, Jul 8, 2017.

1. JimB828

JimB828 Well-Known
    Builder

JimB828 published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. phil from seattle

phil from seattle Well-Known
    Builder

Interesting. I've been thinking about a CNC based pantorouter for awhile now. I've also been thinking about how to CNC something along the lines of the Incra LS Positioner which I use to cut box and dovetail joints. The idea would be a machine that would cut a number of standard joints with a simple interface. No CAD needed - just input some basic dimensions and it makes the cuts.

Please post about your progress

3. JimB828

JimB828 Well-Known
    Builder

Phil, right now I am using Chilipeppr on a Tinyg to control the machine. I really dislike Chilipepper; and, it's not necessary for most of what I want to do with this machine. Once I nail down the design, I am expecting that I will have to either switch to another controller, or write my own interface to do exactly what you describe--plug in some data and let the machine go.